ABOUT SPACE CONNECT
Space Connect is the first dedicated market intelligence, media and information platform for Australia’s space community and our aim is to help drive the growth of our domestic industry as well as project Australia’s space capabilities globally.
We’re the central hub for information, insights and interpretation on the key factors shaping the development of Australia’s space industry.
Space Connect is also the first platform to connect space professionals with jobs, underpin space careers, reveal business opportunities, support the space start-up sector and highlight opportunities for funding.
The platform serves as the authoritative marketplace to connect ideas, research and innovation with opportunities for space commercialisation.
A MARKETPLACE AND INFORMATION PLATFORM FOR THE SPACE ECONOMY
The global space economy is currently estimated to be valued at $350 billion and could grow to $1 trillion by the 2040s – and Australia is ideally positioned to capitalise on this emerging market.
Our domestic space sector is currently valued at between $3-4 billion annually, with projections for Australia’s space industry to triple by 2030 to a value of between $10-12 billion.
The industry will also support over 20,000 jobs by 2030, representing a significant part of the national economy and a hotbed of innovation that will propel Australia’s space talent and export potential.
Space Connect supports the growth and development of Australia’s space industry across these interconnected channels:
Information and ideas exchange
Funding and grant opportunities platform
News, information and analysis
Research and benchmarking
E-newsletters and daily updates
Podcast and broadcast
INDUSTRY PARTNERS AND STAKEHOLDERS
Space Connect engages senior leadership across the space economy, including:
- The Australian Space Agency and other government bodies including the CSIRO, the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science, and Geoscience Australia
- Satcom and mobile communication, telecommunications and information businesses
- The energy, mining, health and transport sectors
- Agricultural, disaster and water management businesses
- Federal Ministries, including the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Cabinet Ministers, Ministers, Senators and related departments
- State Ministries, Ministers and related departments
- The space manufacturing and space operations sector
- Academic institutions, research organisations and think tanks
- The Department of Defence, the Australian Defence Force and the defence establishment
- Prime space contractors and businesses, such as BAE Systems, Thales, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and Raytheon
- The direct-to-home TV commercial sector
- SME space businesses
- The space start-up sector
MOMENTUM MEDIA: THE BUSINESS BEHIND SPACE CONNECT
Space Connect is powered by one of Australia's most progressive and successful media businesses.
With over of decade of experience, Momentum Media has been highly awarded for its ability to create energised and connected professional marketplaces.
Today, the business connects an audience of over a million across professional sectors including legal, defence and national security, finance, wealth, retirement, investment, SME, property and real estate.
Momentum’s experience in creating and evolving these communities has now be translated to the space sector, with the launch of www.spaceconnectonline.com.au, and the Space Connect marketplace and information, a milestone not only for Momentum Media but also for Australia’s space industry.
KEY TEAM MEMBERS AND CONTACTS
Director – Defence and Space, Momentum Media
[email protected] | +61 2 9922 3300 | LinkedIn
Head of Strategy – Defence and Space, Momentum Media
[email protected] | +61 2 8045 2057
Journalist, Space Connect
[email protected] | +61 2 8045 2055
Journalist, Space Connect
[email protected] | +61 2 8045 2032
Partnerships Manager, Space Connect
[email protected] | +61 2 8405 2083
Senior Communications Adviser – Defence and Space, Momentum Media
[email protected] | +61 2 9922 3300
Director – Commercial Growth, Momentum Media
[email protected] | +61 2 2 9922 3300