Register your interest for Australian Space Agency Industry Forums
The Australian Space Agency will be hosting industry forums across Australia during August to discuss industry involvement in supporting the development of the domestic industry.
The agency is encouraging businesses and organisations of the space industry to participate, as well as those in the broader economy, this includes organisations that could use space applications and technologies in other sectors and businesses that could contribute to the space sector.
Since its operational launch on 1 July 2018, the Australian Space Agency has been working on its strategic development, investment and engagement plans, and finalising its charter. This is being done within the context of the Agency’s purpose to transform and grow a globally respected Australian space industry and the use of space to lift the broader economy, which is underpinned by strong national and international engagement.
The forums will cover a range of topics regarding key capabilities to be developed as identified by the Expert Reference Group report, including:
- Earth observation (EO);
- Positioning, navigation and timing (PNT);
- Space situational awareness (SSA);
- Communications technology;
- Robotics and automation;
- Research and development; and
- Areas of competitive advantage that Australia can leapfrog into.
These consultations are specifically for members of the space industry and those in the broader economy sectors described above and, as such, are not intended for the general public or members of the media.
The forums will be held around the nation throughout August:
- ACT session - 13 August 13:00-16:00;
- NSW session (TBC) - 15 August 13:00-16 August 16:00;
- SA session - 17 August 13:00-16:00;
- Qld session - 20 August 09:00-12:00;
- WA session - 22 August 2018-16:00;
- Vic session - 23 August 2018-16:00;
- NT session - 27 August 13:00-16:00; and
- Tas session (Teleconference) - 29 August 13:00-16:00.
More information including registration and is available here.
Receive the latest developments and updates on Australia’s space industry direct to you inbox. Subscribe today to Space Connect here.