Nova Systems to support SA Space Forum
Next week’s sixth South Australia Space Forum, to be held in Adelaide, will be supported by Nova Systems.
The event, organised by the Australian Space Agency and the Space Industry Association of Australia, provides an opportunity to share ideas, information about emerging technologies as well as discussing trends in the space industry.
The forum will feature a variety of speakers addressing the following topics:
- National space policy and regulation;
- Space end users; and
- Space technology.
Director of Nova Group Peter Nikoloff, with Professor Andy Koronios from the University of South Australia, will present about SmartSat CRC research and innovation for a space-enabled Australia.
Nova Systems has a "strategic interest in solving problems of national interest".
Nova Systems said it plans to focus on supporting:
- Future satellite communications, through the development of a combined commercial, research and development, and training and simulation ground station;
- Tackling the predictive and interpretation aspects of space situational awareness for the nation’s space-based infrastructure, while also improving the user-data interface;
- Specialist training and support to Australian industry and government in negotiating the certification and regulation of space systems;
- Provision of capability assurance services to enable Australasian space launch; and
- Student internships to support the development of Australia’s future space engineers.
The South Australia Space Forum, a biannual event, has grown from 110 participants at its first event to over 300 participants in April.
The sixth edition is facilitated by director of the South Australian Space Industry Centre, Nicola Sasanelli AM.
Receive the latest developments and updates on Australia’s space industry direct to you inbox. Subscribe today to Space Connect here.